7 Alarming Fatal Truck Accident Statistics
The Cold Hard Facts of Fatal Truck Accident Statistics
It’s estimated there are nearly 500,000 accidents every year involving a commercial truck weighing at least 10,000 pounds or more. Collisions with such large and heavy vehicles typically lead to far more serious injuries than car accidents do. In fact, one out of every eight truck accidents leads to a fatality.
Here are 7 more alarming fatal truck accident statistics that you should be aware of:
- In the last 10 years, nearly 50,000 fatal truck accidents have occurred in the U.S.
- With the commercial trucking industry expected to double by 2015, the number of truck accidents are also expected to rise.
- In 2009 alone, there were nearly 30,000 truck and bus accident fatalities combined.
- 98% of truck accident fatalities are drivers of or passengers in cars.
- Most truck accidents happen in rural areas.
- Most truck accidents happen at night.
- Truck driver fatigue is one of the leading causes of fatal truck accidents.
Protect Your Rights With a 1-800-THE-LAW2 Truck Accident Lawyer
With nearly 9 million commercial trucks and buses on the road, it’s more important than ever to be careful while driving. But it’s also important to protect your rights if you or a loved one suffers injuries or death from a truck accident.
If you lose a loved one due to a fatal truck accident, a truck accident lawyer from 1-800-THE-LAW2 can help ease the emotional pain and financial burden by filing a wrongful death truck accident claim on behalf of your family.
Our attorneys can also help you recover damages for serious injuries. Victims of truck accidents often sustain serious injuries to the spine, which leads to paralysis or limited mobility, extreme financial hardship, job loss, chronic pain, depression and fatigue.
Call us anytime to find out if you have a case. When you hire a trucking accident lawyer from 1-800-THE-LAW2, either you get paid, or you don’t pay at all! Our lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. You get paid, or you don’t pay at all. Our bilingual representatives are ready to help you day and night in English and Spanish.