When to File a Class Action Lawsuit
What is a Class Action Lawsuit?
A “class action” lawsuit is one in which a group of people with similar injuries caused by the same product or action sue the defendant as a group, or “class.” Generally, filing class action lawsuits occurs when numerous individuals suffer from the same or similar injuries. Oftentimes, many of the individuals’ injuries are relatively minor, such that the individual may not pursue legal action on their own. However, together, the collective value of the claims consolidates and lower the often-high cost of filing class action lawsuits. For as former United States Supreme Court Justice William O. Douglas stated, “The class action is one of the few legal remedies the small claimant has against those who command the status quo.”
Why Class Action?
At times, filing class action lawsuits can be the sole means of enabling persons, even those with serious injuries, to remedy injustices committed by powerful, multi-million dollar corporations and institutions. The benefit of the class action vehicle is in its efficacy, bringing together claims that are impractical to litigate individually, lowers the cost of litigation to the consumer, brings together highly trained and experienced attorneys, and ensures that all injured individuals receive some type of compensation after the case settles.
Filing Class Action Lawsuits: Do You Have a Claim?
- Recalled drugs due to undisclosed ingredients with harmful side-effects
- Defective cars, tires, and other auto components
- Purchase of a defective product, deceived by false advertisement or manipulative business practices
- Homes or businesses exposed to toxins
- Employees subject to practice racial, age and/or gender discrimination by their employer
- Unpaid overtime wages
- Loss of savings due to securities fraud
If you are still not sure if your claim is eligible for class action, get your questions answered by calling 1-800-380-8080 to receive a FREE LEGAL CONSULTATION with an experienced class action lawyer!
One Call Could Change Your Life, Dial 1-800-380-8080 Today!
If you were harmed by a defective product, fraud, deceptive practice, or illegal conduct, the best means of redress is by filing class action lawsuits. One conversation with one of our experienced class action lawyer, product liability lawyer or personal injury lawyer could dramatically change your life. Since 1985 we have been helping consumers find high-quality legal representation. Don’t wait; call 1-800-380-8080 for your FREE LEGAL CONSULTATION. Either you get paid, or you don’t pay at all™!
- Cornell University Law School. Class Action. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- The Class Action Cabinet. Introduction. Retrieved June 30, 2015.
- Cornell University Law School. Rule 23. Class Action. Retrieved July 14, 2015.