How to Choose the Best Workers Compensation Attorney
People sometimes ask us why get a workers’ compensation attorney if my employer has insurance? The answer is simple. The insurance companies are interested in one thing: settling for the least amount possible. You could be eligible for so much more, and a workers’ comp attorney can help you get it.
When looking for the best workers compensation attorney, treat the process like you would any other professional you count on: choose carefully. After all, you wouldn’t trust your health to just any doctor, or your teeth to just any dentist, right? Choosing the right attorney for your workers’ comp case is just as critical.
- Look for experience. If you’re hurt and out of work because of a work accident, there’s a lot at stake. Medical bills can pile up fast, and any income loss could make it really tough to pay the bills and buy everyday necessities. Look for an attorney who has years of experience working with cases similar to yours. This experience can be a huge benefit to your case, especially when it comes to dealing with insurance companies.
- Be impressed by success. Experience is one thing; success is another! You want both. Be sure to ask any potential workers’ compensation attorneys about their successful cases. Ask as many questions as possible about the details of the case, including the amount awarded, how long the case took, what the challenges were and how the attorney solved them.
- Make sure the price is right. The best workers compensation attorney doesn’t have to come at a high cost. The workers’ compensation attorneys at 1-800-THE-LAW2 work on a contingency basis, so they don’t get paid until they win your case. Because there are no out-of-pocket fees, just about anyone who needs high-quality legal help can get it quickly and easily.
- Look for signs of dedication. If an attorney is active in workers’ compensation associations or groups, that’s a good sign. It shows that the attorney is dedicated to staying up to date on workers’ compensation issues, exchanging information with peers, and building good relationships that could come in handy in the future.
- Go with your gut. Chemistry is important. There are no one-size-fits-all guidelines for defining what feels right for you, but asking yourself the following questions can help guide a gut check: Do you feel comfortable with the attorney? Does he or she look you in the eye? Is the attorney’s office clean and well-organized? Are your questions answered in a way that makes you feel secure and informed? Do you feel hopeful after talking to the attorney?
Another note on choosing the best workers compensation attorney: Avoid anyone who claims they’re a specialist but, in fact, has little to no experience. When your life is on the line, you can’t afford to take risks.
The easiest way to find the best workers compensation attorney is to call 1-800-THE-LAW2. We know what we’re doing, and so do our attorneys. 1-800-380-8080