New Cases of Januvia Cancer Trigger More Lawsuits
Januvia is the latest Type 2 diabetes drug to receive national attention due to its serious side effects. The development of Januvia cancer among patients has spawned a growing number of lawsuits against Merck & Co., the maker and marketer of the drug.
The following include some the latest updates on Januvia warnings and Januvia cancer lawsuits:
- Due to the growing number of Januvia cancer lawsuits being filed, the Judicial Panel on Multidistrict Litigation will determine on July 25th whether the cases should be consolidated in a federal court in order the streamline the discovery phase.
- The American Diabetes Association recently warned of a possible link between Januvia and pancreatic cancer and has called for an independent review of Type 2 diabetes drugs like Januvia.
- This year, the Journal for the American Medical Association warned that Januvia and other drugs could double the chances of pancreatitis.
- A 2011 study by UCLA showed that the drug increases the risk of Januvia cancer by 172 percent and thyroid cancer by 48 percent.
- In 2009, the FDA issued Drug Safety two communications about the risk of necrotizing pancreatitis and hemorraghic pancreatitis associated with Januvia, and updated its warning to include pancreatic cancer.
Although the FDA has not officially recalled Januvia, lawsuits are expected to rise and prescriptions are expected to fall in the coming years. According to a May report, which showed that Januvia sales have dropped by 4 percent since it was first approved by the FDA in 2006.
Januvia Cancer Lawsuits Being Filed Now!
The Januvia lawyers at 1-800-THE-LAW2 are currently reviewing Januvia cancer cases now. If you or someone you has experienced debilitating and/or life-threatening side effects from Januvia, talk to a lawyer right away. You could be entitled to receive significant financial compensation for your pain and suffering. For legal assistance in Spanish, visit Los Defensores site and get all the answers to your questions.