Californians: Get Ready for Workers Comp Changes
Workers Comp Changes: Are You Ready?
Workers comp changes that were signed into law earlier this year will take effect on January 1, 2013. While many of those changes deal directly with improving processes and systems, some of them have to do with payments made to injured workers.
Here are some of the workers comp changes that California workers may be interested in:
- Payments are expected to increase by 30 percent
- Permanently disabled workers are expected to receive higher weekly benefits over a 2-year period
- Under certain conditions, an employer may not be obligated to provide wage replacement benefits
- Restrictions have been placed on the number of visits a chiropractor can be designated as a treating physician
- Burial expenses have increased from $5,000 to $10,000
Workers Comp Lawyer Might Be Your Answer! Dial 1-800-THE-LAW2 Today!
How these changes apply to your current workers’ compensation benefits or a future claim is a question for a workers compensation lawyer.