Passenger Car Accident
Protect Your Rights and Cover All Your Legal Bases
You may think you don’t have many rights as a passenger in a car accident, but that’s not true. In fact, your rights are more favorable than a driver’s rights in one very significant way: You can file a claim regardless of who is at fault. Your claim can either be filed against the driver of the vehicle you were in, or against the driver of the other vehicle involved in the accident. Once fault is determined, claims can be withdrawn and filed against the negligent driver. If this sounds confusing, that’s because it can be. That’s why it’s best to leave the job to a car accident lawyer.
An experienced, impartial car accident attorney is your best asset in a car accident claim. With professional legal representation, your chances of receiving compensation are much higher than if you filed a claim on your own.
Our passenger car accident lawyers have helped thousands of injured victims:
- Recover lost wages due to time off work
- Get paid or reimbursed for medical expenses
- Secure long-term rehabilitation or long-term disability benefits
- Be compensated for future injuries or illnesses that occur as a result of the accident
If payment is an issue, we’ve got you covered. Our passenger car accident attorneys work on a contingency basis, so that either you get paid, or you don’t pay at all! Call now to find out what a lawyer can do for you: 1-800-THE-LAW2.
5 Car Accident Passenger Rights You Should Know
- It is the driver’s responsibility to protect a passenger’s safety at all times.
- It is the driver’s responsibility to safely operate the vehicle a passenger is riding in and to prevent an accident.
- A passenger’s use of a seat belt or other vehicle safety features does not affect the driver’s responsibility to maintain a passenger’s safety.
- A passenger in a car accident has the right to seek medical treatment for any injuries suffered from the accident – at the time of accident as well as in the future.
- A car accident passenger is not obligated to protect the driver from being charged or sued.
This last point is very important. Many car accident passengers feel conflicted about taking legal action against a negligent driver. But if you suffer from serious injuries such as lacerations, broken bones, burns, back injuries, neck injuries or brain injuries, your medical expenses can add up fast.
The best thing to do is talk with a passenger car accident attorney before making any decisions. Call now for your FREE consultation: 1-800-THE-LAW2.
We’re Here for You 24/7
We know what we’re doing, and so do our attorneys. We’ve helped millions of people find high-quality legal representation since 1985, and our attorneys are experienced professionals who know how to protect your rights.
Call us, and we’ll put you in touch with a passenger car accident lawyer right away: 1-800-THE-LAW2.