Workers Compensation Lawyers in California
Facts to Know About California Workers’ Compensation
A California workers compensation lawyer can help maximize the monetary compensation you receive after being injured on the job. Workplace accidents are responsible for thousands of serious injuries and fatalities every year. If you’ve been hurt at work, act now to get an experienced workers’ compensation attorney to file your injury claim. Call 1-800-380-8080 for a free consultation with a 1-800-THE-LAW2 California workers’ compensation lawyer. Don’t worry about money, you get paid, or you don’t pay at all.
What Your Lawyer Can Do for You
Workers’ compensation lawyers can protect your rights. If you’ve experienced a work accident and need to file an injury claim, a California workers compensation attorney from 1-800-THE-LAW2 can help. Your call is confidential.
A California workers compensation lawyer will:
- Interview you to learn about your work accident and determine if you have a case
- Educate you on your rights and what’s involved in making a workers’ compensation claim
- Collect medical records, payroll information and any files describing your work injury
- Analyze the legal issues, such as willful misconduct, negligence, and medical causation
- Deal with the workers’ compensation insurance company, including notifying them of the claim
- Prepare you and any witnesses for your workers’ compensation hearing
Workplace Injuries Covered by California Workers’ Compensation
It’s critical to file your workers compensation claim quickly after your work injury. There are strict deadlines for filing a California workers compensation claim. You must report your work injury to your employer within 30 days of the injury or as soon as you learned or believe your injury was caused by your job or you could lose your right to receive workers’ compensation benefits. Missing this deadline could potentially cost you hundreds of thousands of dollars in medical bills, disability payments and lost wages. And not seeking medical help could cause your injury to worsen. You’ll want the help of an experienced attorney to make sure all the workers’ compensation paperwork is completed properly and filed before the deadline.
You may need a workers compensation attorney for the following:
- Physical injury
- Repetitive stress injuries (including carpal tunnel)
- Diseases contracted as a result of exposure to a toxin at work
- Temporary and/or permanent disability
- Vocational rehabilitation
You might hesitate to file a claim and seek medical help because you’re afraid of being fired from your job. You should know you can’t be fired if you’re accidentally injured on the job, but you must protect yourself by filing your workers’ compensation claim fast! You have just 30 days to file your California workers compensation claim. Find the right lawyer for your California workers’ compensation case. Make a confidential call to 1-800-THE-LAW2 or dial 1-800-380-8080 today. You can also sign up for a free consultation by completing the fields in the FREE CONSULTATION box on the 1800TheLaw2.com Web site.
NOTE: Making a false or fraudulent workers’ compensation claim is a felony subject to up to 5 years in prison or a fine of up to $50,000 or double the value of the fraud, whichever is greater, or by both imprisonment and fine.