Birth Injury Lawsuits & Lawyers
Birth Injury Lawyers Ready to Help
There is nothing more devastating than learning that your newborn sustained a life-altering injury, especially in the hands of a medical professional. It is estimated that an average of 6-8 injuries occur per 1,000 live births. Injuries range in severity from bruising to brain damage and while some may take a few days to heal, others result in lifelong disability.
Call 1-800-THE-LAW2 to get a free consultation with an attorney if your child suffered a serious birth trauma such as head, brain, or nerve injuries. Signs and symptoms may vary depending on the type and severity of the damage, which is why our birth injury lawyers will advise you on how to document the abnormalities you observe.
Common Causes of Birth Injuries
Labor and Delivery – Injuries sustained at birth are more likely to occur during a difficult delivery. Factors include:
- The baby’s size
- The shape of the mother’s pelvis
- Prolonged labor
- The baby’s position
Medical Malpractice – Some situations that may support a medical malpractice claim include:
- Failure to monitor the baby
- Failure to warn of pregnancy risks and failure to take action to prevent injuries resulting from high-risk pregnancies
- Failing to anticipate birth complications
- Failing to observe or respond to umbilical cord entrapment
- Failure to respond to fetal distress
- Misuse of forceps or a vacuum extractor
- Inappropriate administration of Pitocin
- Improper use of forceps, vacuums, and other medical birthing devices
- Failure or delay in performing a C-section, when necessary
Why Do I Need a Birth Injury Lawyer?
If your baby suffered an injury due to complications during the birthing process and you think the doctor or nurse may be responsible, you may be unsure if taking legal action is the right step.
An experienced birth injury lawyer from 1-800-THE-LAW2 who understands the complexities of a medical malpractice suit will assist you in examining the facts of your case.
1-800-THE-LAW2 is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, all year long. Your call is confidential and we speak English and Spanish. You call us at 877-497-6876, fill out the Free Consultation form on the right of this page or use the Live Chat feature.