Choosing The Right Attorney To Handle Your Personal Injury Case
If you’ve been injured in an accident, then you may have a right to sue and recover damages as compensation — but searching for and selecting the right attorney to handle the case can cause additional anxiety and confusion.
In personal injury litigation, who you choose to represent you can make a significant difference in the outcome of the case. After all, your personal injury attorney is the one who will negotiate with opposing counsel and with insurers to secure the best possible outcome.
Personal injury attorneys work on contingency — they only get paid if they successfully obtain compensation on your behalf. As such, skilled attorneys understand how to not only get you a win, but how to maximize the damages so that you (and they) get a bigger reward for all the hard work.
But how should you choose? Let’s take a closer look.
What To Look For When Hiring An Attorney
Here’s some advice for hiring a lawyer in a personal injury dispute:
- Choose an experienced attorney who is familiar with how the system works, knows where to look for weaknesses, and can investigate the claim effectively. Putting your claim in the hands of an inexperienced attorney may be a headache in the long run.
- Choose a lawyer who specializes in personal injury law. This practice area is extremely specific when it comes to rules, regulations, statute of limitations, etc. The majority of personal injury lawsuits are settled before trial, and a lawyer who is skilled in negotiations will know how to deal with lowball offers. Do not risk quality representation by putting your case in the hands of an attorney who has limited personal injury knowledge.
- Your attorney’s reputation is important in resolving your case because insurance companies and opposing attorneys who have had previous dealings with him or her are more likely to offer a fair settlement within a reasonable timeframe.
- Select someone who has trial experience – they will not be afraid to turn down bad settlements just because they don’t want to go to court. Many attorneys can get comfortable staying out of the courtroom and this has negative consequences for their clients who may not end up with the strongest deals.
- Opt for an attorney who is willing to devote resources into your case, especially if you have a serious personal injury claim. Prepping for cases can be expensive because of the need to hire experts to testify on your behalf, as well as investigators who follow every lead that can prove your claim.
- Be wary of attorneys that will not allow you to talk with past clients – this may be an indication that they have not gotten satisfactory results in a number of cases.
- Hire a personal injury attorney who has a strong record in winning cases – both in and out of the courtroom. Ask for specific numbers because you want to work with someone you can trust will fight hard for your best interests.
It’s worth taking the time to talk to your attorney and truly get to know them and their approach to handling a case — make sure to evaluate their communication style, attitude, and success rate. That way, you’ll be sure that you’ve found the right attorney to handle your case.
Call Us To Connect To The Right Attorney Near You
Here at 1-800-THE-LAW2, we operate a legal network of hundreds of experienced attorneys who are standing by for you to call in and talk about your case. Our attorneys fight relentlessly to secure compensation on their clients’ behalf.
We strive to make the process of selecting an attorney easier. Normally, after an accident, it’s incredibly difficult — and confusing — to search for an attorney. You may not have the mental bandwidth to make such a decision. There’s a lot to consider, after all, and there are countless firms out there listed on the internet and in the phone book.
Instead of calling up all of those firms and making a decision after evaluating each one, contact our team here at 1-800-THE-LAW2.
We make the process quick and easy. Call in, and we’ll ask you a few questions about your case. Within just 10 minutes, you’ll be connected to a qualified attorney who is more than capable of handling cases like yours.
Ready for a free consultation with an experienced personal injury attorney? Call 1-800-THE-LAW2 today.